Changes and improvements are more than welcome! Feel free to fork and open a pull request.
Please follow the house rules to have a bigger chance of your contribution being merged.
- To make changes, create a new branch based on
master(do not create one from
gh-pagesunless strictly necessary) and make them there, then create a Pull Request to master.
gh-pagesis different from master in that it contains sharing features, analytics and other things that have no direct bearing with the game.
masteris the “pure” version of the game.
- If you want to modify the CSS, please edit the SCSS files present in
main.scssand others. Don’t edit the
main.css, because it’s supposed to be generated.
In order to compile your SCSS modifications, you need to use the
sassgem (install it by running
gem install sassonce Ruby is installed).
To run SASS, simply use the following command:
sass --unix-newlines --watch style/main.scss
SASS will automatically recompile your css when changed.
Rakefilecontains some tasks that help during development. Feel free to add useful tasks if needed.
.jshintrcfile is present, which will help your code to follow the guidelines if you install and run
- Please test your modification thoroughly before submitting your Pull Request.
We have to be conservative with the core game. This means that some modifications won’t be merged, or will have to be evaluated carefully before being merged:
- Undo/redo features
- Save/reload features
- Changes to how the tiles look or their contents
- Changes to the layout
- Changes to the grid size
- Bug fixes
- Compatibility improvements
- “Under the hood” enhancements
- Small changes that don’t have an impact on the core gameplay